IACEP is the International Association for Cognitive Education and Psychology. Our purpose is:
- to advance the cognitive education of children, youth, and adults;
- to promote, stimulate and disseminate applications of knowledge on the development,
- acquisition, and application of logical thought;
- to encourage and provide opportunities for the professional growth of individual members;
- to inform the public about the practice of cognitive education;
- to advance the standards of education and related areas.
Most of our research is on assessing and training children’s cognitive development. Main topics are dynamic testing & assessment, training & intervention, measuring change, strategy development, cognitive and metacognitive development, potential for learning, zone of proximal development, selfregulation, intelligence, and cognitive education.